The winter transfer window is closed, but now it’s time to look ahead to the summer! Here are the new rumours floating around following the Jan. 31 deadline day.
TOP STORY: Roma aim to keep Smalling, Mkhitaryan
Sky Sports News is reporting that Roma manager Paulo Fonseca wants to sign both Chris Smalling and Henrikh Mkhitaryan on a permanent basis.
Both men are currently on loan from English clubs in the form of Manchester United and Arsenal, respectively, and both are making a strong impression during their tenures in Italian football. The report indicates that Fonseca himself has informed the outlet of his desire to keep hold of both players beyond the summer transfer window.
Smalling has been consistent throughout his time in Rome, and while Mkhitaryan has struggled with injuries, his goal an assist in a runaway win over Lecce on Sunday further showed his worth.
Arsenal to try and convince Aubameyang to stay
Arsenal manager Mikel Arteta has confirmed that they will do everything they can to try and convince Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to stay, The Guardian reports.
In the wake of their dramatic 3-2 win over Everton on Sunday, in which Aubameyang had a starring role, Arteta admitted that the Gunners will need to prove to the popular forward why she should continue to stay at the Emirates as opposed to moving elsewhere.
Aubameyang has been heavily linked with a move away from North London for quite some time now, with the belief being that Arsenal’s hunt for Champions League football could have a huge impact on his eventual decision.
• Sources: Barca to have coronavirus checks
• Hazard to miss City, Barca with leg fracture
• Ronaldo breaks record in 1,000th match
• 3 Serie A games postponed over coronavirus
• Rudiger on Dec. Spurs abuse: Racism won
• Braithwaite ‘won’t wash kit’ after Messi hug
Klopp issues demand to Liverpool targets
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp has made his feelings to clear to any and all potential transfer targets for the club, the Liverpool Echo reports.
The Reds have been linked with a series of players in the last few weeks with the latest example being RB Leipzig forward Timo Werner. Alas, while raw talent is obviously an important trait, Klopp has made it clear that he wants players at the club who are willing to fight for their place in the starting lineup.
The German believes that the attitude of the club’s targets is just as relevant as their abilities on the pitch as the club’s stature within world football continues to rise.
– Juventus are ready and willing to try and sign Porto youngster Tomas Esteves, primarily as an act of revenge, Calciomercato reports. There is a release clause within the 17-year-old’s contract of around €10 million, but the revenge portion of this potential transfer stems from Juve’s desire to beat an interested Borussia Dortmund to the signing after the German side pipped the Old Lady to the post by acquiring Erling Haaland.
– Barcelona are said to be close to securing the signing of Valencia youngster Hugo Guillamon, Sport reports. The 20-year-old defender made his senior debut for the club this past weekend would make his way to the Nou Camp on a free transfer this summer, and while a long contract would be offered, Guillamon would initially join the B team before transitioning into the senior squad.